Thursday, May 5, 2011

This and that


A friend of ours recently posted this picture on her facebook page.  She found this in her son's room and she and her husband had a hellofa time going through it! I'm so glad this kid is my son's friend, and they will be reunited again in Middle School.  I'm sure he will keep my son focused on what is important. As rule #1 states.  "PALS BEFORE GALS" those are words to live by until of course you get married.


This is a picture from tonight at the park.  This park is across the street from our house, one of the best decisions we ever made.  Another great decision was to purchase the binoculars that hang right by the door to keep an eye on my tweens, and those darn girls.  Speaking of girls my 11 year old has had 3 "girlfriends" in the last 6 months, what the heck!  About a month ago he came to me and let me know that him and so and so are dating I said "you have had 3 girlfriends" he replied "Mom I'm attractive".  As funny as this was, this kid is going to be so busy this summer, so busy he won't have time for the ladies.  Remember "pals before gals"!



Here is the boy I spend my days with.  He is a good listener, loves my singing voice and is so excited to see me every time I come home.  We take the best naps together and he never judges me when I push my responsibilities to the afternoons.  The only thing he does that gives me angry eyebrows is poops within the first block of a walk, so I have to tote a bag of poop for the rest of the walk.


This is what I'm reading, usually takes me a month to finish depending on how much downtime I have.  I totally love this book so far as does everyone in America.  It really astonishes me that not so long ago we treated black people so terribly.  Different toilets because everyone knows that most diseases are passed through the urine of black people. - This was in the book, it seems funny now that people would actually think that.  It makes me think what other things are going on in the world that we are so dead set on believing that in 30 years we will laugh at.

This blog isn't as easy as I thought it would be.  I have been toting around my camera everywhere but I've been censoring myself thinking oh that's not interesting, but that's what I love about others blogs is the day to day ness of them.  I'm trying to add a new post every 2 days, we'll see how that goes.  I don't stick to things very well.
Ciao